BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
deleted_user
Not applicable
Hello everyone,
Currently I am learning BASE SAS. In order to practice the examples, we need SAS software. I have found SAS Learning Edition4.1 software for $199. Is there any way where we can get the software for free or for less.This learning edition specifies that it comes with version includeing Base SAS 9.1.3, SAS/STAT, SAS/GRAPH, SAS/QC, SAS/ETS, and SAS Enterprise Guide 4.1 If I get this software installed on my machine, I can practice examples related to BASE SAS. Will I be able to practice examples related to SAS Macro?This learning edition also states that the SAS Learning Edition 4.1 with an expiration date of December 31, 2011. Does that mean that I cannot use the SAS softwrae after Dec 31,2011?

Could any one let me know the websites where I can get the SAS books for less as I find the SAS books to be expensive on some sites?

Thanks,
positive soul
2 REPLIES 2
Doc_Duke
Rhodochrosite | Level 12
You may be able to find it discounted as a remainder, as SAS has discontinued the product.

Macro programming is part of base SAS, so you will have it.

SAS is a licensed product. When the license expires, it stops working. That is standard for all SAS products.

Try Amazon or other online retailers, they often have used books. You can learn a lot of SAS with one or two books (search the forum for recommendations). The SAS reference manuals are available for free at support.sas.com.

Doc Muhlbaier
Duke
deleted_user
Not applicable
Thanks Doc Muhlbaier for your reply!
Unfortunately I could not find any website other than Amazon where I can get the Base certification book of version9 for less.

Thanks,
Positive soul

sas-innovate-2024.png

Today is the last day to save with the early bird rate! Register today for just $695 - $100 off the standard rate.

Plus, pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

New Learning Events in April

Join us for two new fee-based courses: Administrative Healthcare Data and SAS via Live Web Monday-Thursday, April 24-27 from 1:00 to 4:30 PM ET each day. And Administrative Healthcare Data and SAS: Hands-On Programming Workshop via Live Web on Friday, April 28 from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM ET.

LEARN MORE

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation