BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
AlexBrink
Calcite | Level 5
Hi all

I hope somebody can help me.

Is there a way to obtain the current SAS program path and filename from within a SAS session. When batch submitting, this is stored in the SYSIN option, but I was hoping there is a way to find this when in SAS itself (that is, not batch submitting a program.)

Thanks.
2 REPLIES 2
Dave_SAS
SAS Employee
In SAS 9, there is a new environment variable for the Enhanced Editor named SAS_EXECFILENAME, then you can retrieve the name of the current program by issuing this statement:

%put The current program is %sysget(SAS_EXECFILENAME);

There is also an environment variable for the Enhanced Editor called SAS_EXECFILEPATH that contains the full path of the submitted program or catalog entry. The full path includes the folder and the filename.

%put The current path is %sysget(SAS_EXECFILEPATH);
LawrenceHW
Quartz | Level 8
Dave,

It's good that SAS can finally pick-up the program it's executing at run-time interactively.

The problem is, these environment variables don't exist when the program is being batch-submitted.

Just a note to anyone using these environment variables that you need to be careful which SAS environment you're using them in.

You can check whether the program is being executed interactively (checking whether SYSPROCESSNAME = DMS PROCESS) or in batch mode.

Cheers,
Lawrence

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

New Learning Events in April

Join us for two new fee-based courses: Administrative Healthcare Data and SAS via Live Web Monday-Thursday, April 24-27 from 1:00 to 4:30 PM ET each day. And Administrative Healthcare Data and SAS: Hands-On Programming Workshop via Live Web on Friday, April 28 from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM ET.

LEARN MORE

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation