BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
SSN_Ravi
Calcite | Level 5
Hi,

I have generated page numbers in trt like x of y. My rreport is having 4 figures in four pages. So, page numbers are comming like 1 of 1, 2 of 4, 3 of 4, 4 of 4. But when i scrolldown to fourth page and come back to first page, first page is changing to 1 of 4. Pl help me in this.

Thanks.
3 REPLIES 3
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
This sounds like a page refresh issue in some versions of Microsoft Word, when you create an ODS RTF file. This behavior used to happen to me a lot when I was using Office 2000 and 2003. It doesn't happen that much anymore when I use Office 2007.

You have to force a repaginate or a refresh of the page numbers in Word when you open the RTF file. I believe there's a function key for that. I always just scroll down and then back up ... I need to check the output anyway.

This Tech Support note documents the issue and suggests changing to Print Layout:
http://support.sas.com/kb/3/466.html

cynthia
SSN_Ravi
Calcite | Level 5
Hi,

I am having office 2007 only. But still I am getting problem. I am not getting for all the reports. This problem is comming for only the code which I posted for Page x of y in pdf querry yesterday.

Thanks,
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi:
I have -never- seen mis-numbered pages with PDF and tabular output that uses in-line formatting for page x of y.

You will not be able to use in-line formatting for page x of y page numbering if you have a SAS/GRAPH job because the SAS titles and footnotes are embedded in the graph image and SAS/GRAPH does not use ODS ESCAPECHAR. See this other forum posting for more information:
http://support.sas.com/forums/thread.jspa?messageID=37381鈅

You -can- use ODS RTF and the NOGTITLE and NOGFOOTNOTE options in order to cause RTF to create page x of y page numbering in a document that contains SAS/GRAPH output, as shown in the answer to your other post.

cynthia

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

New Learning Events in April

Join us for two new fee-based courses: Administrative Healthcare Data and SAS via Live Web Monday-Thursday, April 24-27 from 1:00 to 4:30 PM ET each day. And Administrative Healthcare Data and SAS: Hands-On Programming Workshop via Live Web on Friday, April 28 from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM ET.

LEARN MORE

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation