BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
deleted_user
Not applicable
Let me preface this by saying I am a relative novice using PROC MIXED. I am using PROC MIXED to conduct a repeated measures ANOVA. I am using the following code:
proc mixed data=ds order=data;
class SUB IV;
model DV=IV;
repeated /subject=SUB type = cs r rcorr;
lsmeans IV;
run;

Where IV has 3 levels. Also, there is no missing data. When I run this I the standard errors produced by the LSMEANS statement are the same for all 3 levels. I'd like to understand why this is so. I am interested in reporting the LSMEANS and SE.

Thanks,
Jeff
1 REPLY 1
statsplank
Calcite | Level 5
Hi Jeff,

First, I would like to note that the way you wrote the PROC MIXED code corresponds to RCBD with subjects as blocks. If that is the case, then the standard errors for all tretament levels are computed using the same formula:

se[y_bar]=SQRT{(var1+var2)/n},

where var1 and var2 are, respectively, a between-subject variance (block variation) and a MS(Error), and n is a number of subjects.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

New Learning Events in April

Join us for two new fee-based courses: Administrative Healthcare Data and SAS via Live Web Monday-Thursday, April 24-27 from 1:00 to 4:30 PM ET each day. And Administrative Healthcare Data and SAS: Hands-On Programming Workshop via Live Web on Friday, April 28 from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM ET.

LEARN MORE

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation