Lab units standardization

N/A

Lab units standardization

HI everyone,

A very happy new year Smiley Happy

I have CPK ,CKMB, Troponin I, Troponin T,Triglycerides, LDL, VLDL , etc lab values given in different units.These values are enterted by sites in different units
and they can't be analyzed unless standerdized.
I tried to search online for standardization of these units but was unable to find anything reliable.
Would any one be able to help me on this , as to where can I find the Unit standardization for the above mentioned values.
Thanks a lot for your time.

Regards,
April.
Frequent Contributor

Re: Lab units standardization

Can you give some examples of the different units?
Valued Guide

Re: Lab units standardization

Check this article for a description of SI (Standard International) units for laboratory measurements (and lots of conversion factors):

http://jn.nutrition.org/misc/Ref_10.pdf

The laboratory director of any academic medical center should be able to point you to the references that you need if the conversion factors aren't in that article.

Even after data conversion, you'll have to do lots of data cleaning; any substantial set of laboratory values will have both bogus and real outliers.

Doc Muhlbaier
Duke
N/A

hi Duke ,

Thanks a lot for the link. It helped a lot.I have the outliers listed for them , but thanks for the advice. I still have a lot of CPK and CKMB values with different units to standardize.These values are only specific to Cardiovascular drugs research, so Its difficult to find their standardization.

If you come across any thing similar , please send me the link.

Thanks again for the help.

Regards,
April.
Post a Question
Discussion Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation