BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
deleted_user
Not applicable
HI everyone,

A very happy new year 🙂

I have CPK ,CKMB, Troponin I, Troponin T,Triglycerides, LDL, VLDL , etc lab values given in different units.These values are enterted by sites in different units
and they can't be analyzed unless standerdized.
I tried to search online for standardization of these units but was unable to find anything reliable.
Would any one be able to help me on this , as to where can I find the Unit standardization for the above mentioned values.
Thanks a lot for your time.

Regards,
April.
3 REPLIES 3
Calcite | Level 5
Can you give some examples of the different units?
Doc_Duke
Rhodochrosite | Level 12
Check this article for a description of SI (Standard International) units for laboratory measurements (and lots of conversion factors):

http://jn.nutrition.org/misc/Ref_10.pdf

The laboratory director of any academic medical center should be able to point you to the references that you need if the conversion factors aren't in that article.

Even after data conversion, you'll have to do lots of data cleaning; any substantial set of laboratory values will have both bogus and real outliers.

Doc Muhlbaier
Duke
deleted_user
Not applicable
hi Duke ,

Thanks a lot for the link. It helped a lot.I have the outliers listed for them , but thanks for the advice. I still have a lot of CPK and CKMB values with different units to standardize.These values are only specific to Cardiovascular drugs research, so Its difficult to find their standardization.

If you come across any thing similar , please send me the link.

Thanks again for the help.

Regards,
April.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

New Learning Events in April

Join us for two new fee-based courses: Administrative Healthcare Data and SAS via Live Web Monday-Thursday, April 24-27 from 1:00 to 4:30 PM ET each day. And Administrative Healthcare Data and SAS: Hands-On Programming Workshop via Live Web on Friday, April 28 from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM ET.

LEARN MORE

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation