BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Frk__Smilla
Calcite | Level 5
Hi

I´m relatve unexperienced using proc mixed.
My problem is, that running lsmeans in my reduced model results in the message Non-est. instead of an estimate.

Don´t understand why.
Can anyone help, please ??

Model:
Repeated measurement of the variable region at mri_id, wbvcalc as covariante.

Proc Mixed Data=kerstin1 method=ml covtest scoring=2;
Class mri_id sex0F1M region hemi agegroup ;
Model response = region sex0f1m hemi age WBVCalc
region * age
region * wbvcalc
/noint solution ;
repeated / Subject=mri_id type=cs group = region ;
lsmeans region / pdiff;
Run;
2 REPLIES 2
lvm
Rhodochrosite | Level 12 lvm
Rhodochrosite | Level 12
Probably you have interaction means with missing cells. You might have to remove some interactions.
SteveDenham
Jade | Level 19
You should read Milliken and Johnson's Analysis of Messy Data.

Probably the best approach is to fit a means model, and address the tests of effects through the use of contrast and estimate statements.

Another approach, find out what combinations of the independent variables are missing. If you can combine levels so that there are no empty cells in the highest level interaction in your model, and it still addresses your objectives, then you are home free.

Also, check that the covariates age and wbvcalc are not completely confounded with region.

Good luck,

Steve Denham Added thought:
Last, you say that you are fitting a "reduced model". I would guess that you have dropped some terms that were "non-significant." Is that really a good idea? Were those terms part of the study design, so that they have meaning, even if not significant? And most importantly, are the least squares means estimable in the "full model"?

Message was edited by: SteveDenham

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

New Learning Events in April

Join us for two new fee-based courses: Administrative Healthcare Data and SAS via Live Web Monday-Thursday, April 24-27 from 1:00 to 4:30 PM ET each day. And Administrative Healthcare Data and SAS: Hands-On Programming Workshop via Live Web on Friday, April 28 from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM ET.

LEARN MORE

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation