BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
deleted_user
Not applicable
open the file 'C:\Program Files\SAS Institute\SAS\V8\stat\sasexe\sasmixed.dll'.
1 REPLY 1
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
The SAS .dll files are essentially the compiled components of SAS. They are not "openable" except by programmers at SAS who are doing maintenance or development.

In the "old" days, for example, when I wrote a COBOL program, I had to compile, link and load the program in 3 separate steps before I could run the program. These days, most .dll files are smaller, already-compiled, already-linked programs and sub-routines that are called when they're needed by a main program.

Generally speaking, you should not need to "look inside" or open any of the SAS .dll files. If you are having trouble with a SAS process or procedure, you can contact SAS Tech Support for help with that procedure. If you think you have uncovered an anomaly in the way SAS is working, Tech Support can take note of your problem and alert the developers if they need to make changes.

To contact Tech Support, go to:
http://support.sas.com/techsup/contact/index.html

Good luck,
cynthia

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

New Learning Events in April

Join us for two new fee-based courses: Administrative Healthcare Data and SAS via Live Web Monday-Thursday, April 24-27 from 1:00 to 4:30 PM ET each day. And Administrative Healthcare Data and SAS: Hands-On Programming Workshop via Live Web on Friday, April 28 from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM ET.

LEARN MORE

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation