BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
WilliamSun
Calcite | Level 5
Dear All:

I work for a small biotech company. Due to budget and convenience consideration, I recommend to use PC SAS with network drivers as the working space. I do not know if there is any issue such as security and/or validation associated to this method, which I must address. Please provide your advice.

Thanks

William
1 REPLY 1
deleted_user
Not applicable
I'm surprised at the lack of responses to this inquiry. Validation is a huge subject matter area. Assuming you're starting from scratch, I suggest a regulatory compliance-based approach. Work with your regulatory affairs or clinical quality assurance functions to interpret and implement the 21 CFR Part 11 general requirements for electronic records (Section 11.10). Pay attention to access control, change control, standard directory structures, documented procedures for performing regulated tasks, and training.

The security and validation issues are the same for any operating environment. Specific solutions will naturally vary.

Mike Harris

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

New Learning Events in April

Join us for two new fee-based courses: Administrative Healthcare Data and SAS via Live Web Monday-Thursday, April 24-27 from 1:00 to 4:30 PM ET each day. And Administrative Healthcare Data and SAS: Hands-On Programming Workshop via Live Web on Friday, April 28 from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM ET.

LEARN MORE

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation