BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
anil
Calcite | Level 5
Dear all,
As I am rather new to SAS, I require help (reference) in understanding ITT LOCF(Last Observation Carried Forward) method.
Thanks
2 REPLIES 2
RolandRB
Calcite | Level 5
> Dear all,
> As I am rather new to SAS, I require help (reference)
> in understanding ITT LOCF(Last Observation Carried
> Forward) method.
> Thanks

You will need to check on this but ITT is the Intent-to-Treat population. This should be a variable flagged for each patient who is a member of this population. Having subsetted on this population then LOCF is a post-baseline value that gets "carried forward" to fill any gaps for values not recorded and to carry on the last non-missing value until the end of the period of interest (such as the length of the study) even if the patient dropped out before the end of this period.

Again, you need to understand what you are doing and it could be that several values are carried forward and "last observation" carried forward does not mean "last SAS dataset observation". Bearing in mind that you must make the effort to understand what you are doing, I have a page on LOCF processing that you can read here and you can also download the macro.

http://www.datasavantconsulting.com/roland/spectre/locf.html
anil
Calcite | Level 5
Thank u for ur excellent reply.
Veri much satisfied with the information. I will email u on specific problem.
Thanx

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

New Learning Events in April

Join us for two new fee-based courses: Administrative Healthcare Data and SAS via Live Web Monday-Thursday, April 24-27 from 1:00 to 4:30 PM ET each day. And Administrative Healthcare Data and SAS: Hands-On Programming Workshop via Live Web on Friday, April 28 from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM ET.

LEARN MORE

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation