BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Doc_Duke
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Does anyone have a tool or SAS format for mapping ICD-10 values onto ICD-9 ones?  I have no hope on really going the other way as there are 18,000 ICD-9 codes and 140,000 ICD-10 ones.

Thanks,

Doc

4 REPLIES 4
Doc_Duke
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Thanks Art.  I realized that my question was not sufficiently precise.  I was looking for ICD-9-CM and ICD-10-CM.  Each country can extend extend it in different ways.  The "-CM' version is for the US. 

(Canada and NZ adopted ICD-10 several years ago, so they are more mature than we are here.  It's required for hospital billing in the US by 10/1/2013).

art297
Opal | Level 21

Here are some authors, then, that you might want to contact:

http://www.scsug.org/SCSUGProceedings/2006/ThompsonAngela.pdf

ballardw
Super User

Doc@Duke wrote:

Thanks Art.  I realized that my question was not sufficiently precise.  I was looking for ICD-9-CM and ICD-10-CM.  Each country can extend extend it in different ways.  The "-CM' version is for the US. 

(Canada and NZ adopted ICD-10 several years ago, so they are more mature than we are here.  It's required for hospital billing in the US by 10/1/2013).

I just received notice that supposedly we'll be using ICD-11 in 2015 as well.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

New Learning Events in April

Join us for two new fee-based courses: Administrative Healthcare Data and SAS via Live Web Monday-Thursday, April 24-27 from 1:00 to 4:30 PM ET each day. And Administrative Healthcare Data and SAS: Hands-On Programming Workshop via Live Web on Friday, April 28 from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM ET.

LEARN MORE

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation