BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
falconer
Calcite | Level 5
I am currently using multinomial logistic regression to model disease outcome based on genetic haplotype. I've included 4 haplotypes in my model along with covariates as dependent variables. I've coded the values at each haplotype to correspond with the number of copies of that haplotype each individual is predicted to have and used the most common haplotype as the reference. In addition I've created a dummy value if the person does not have any copies of the haplotype. Unfortunately the dummy variable is affecting my model. Does anyone know of a way to set this value to zero (df=0) in the logistic model?
1 REPLY 1
Doc_Duke
Rhodochrosite | Level 12
This sounds more like a coding problem than a missing value problem. If the Dummy variable is coded 0/1, then it is never missing. If PROC LOGISTIC is showing the dummy as having df=0, then matrix is singular and either the variable is conceptually redundant with your other variables or operationally redundant because you don't have enough observations.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

New Learning Events in April

Join us for two new fee-based courses: Administrative Healthcare Data and SAS via Live Web Monday-Thursday, April 24-27 from 1:00 to 4:30 PM ET each day. And Administrative Healthcare Data and SAS: Hands-On Programming Workshop via Live Web on Friday, April 28 from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM ET.

LEARN MORE

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation