BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
clexo
Calcite | Level 5

I'm getting started calculating HEDIS healthcare quality measures (http://www.ncqa.org/HEDISQualityMeasurement.aspx) using health claims data.  These calculations involve use of long lists of diagnostic and procedure codes and follow some pretty complicated logic.  The National Committee for Quality Assurance sells the code to do these calculations, however we aren't sure whether we'll use measures in the long term and are only calculating a few of the 50+ measures.   So, I'm creating my own code, based on their technical specifications.  Would anyone else have already written "home grown" code for any of these measures, that you'd be willing to share with me?  I'm not looking for a copy of the NCQA software, but thought that it would be worth checkin on whether someone else had already dug this deep well and was willing to share with me/my employer (a state agency).

This is my first post to this (or to any SAS forum), so if this is an inappropriate query, please advise.    Thank you very much.

3 REPLIES 3
onpoint1
Calcite | Level 5

Hi -- I've been programming HEDIS using SAS for years.  I realize you posted this quite a while ago and you may be all set, but if not, let me know.

clexo
Calcite | Level 5

Thanks very much for your response, which I only just noticed.  I can't quite determine how I might contact you, but perhaps you could reach me:  catherine.lexau@state.mn.us  Thank you!

thomp7050
Pyrite | Level 9

Hi Gang,

I know it's been years, but does anyone have a location where I could find some HEDIS SAS code?  Trying to put together a repository of several outcome variables (e.g. NYU ED, PQI, Charlson, Elixhauser, etc.) and would like to add HEDIS to this list.  

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

New Learning Events in April

Join us for two new fee-based courses: Administrative Healthcare Data and SAS via Live Web Monday-Thursday, April 24-27 from 1:00 to 4:30 PM ET each day. And Administrative Healthcare Data and SAS: Hands-On Programming Workshop via Live Web on Friday, April 28 from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM ET.

LEARN MORE

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation