BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
sassygrl
Calcite | Level 5
I am running an event notification report 3x per week. I would like to automate the process as much as possible. I have a "current data" library and a "previous data" library. After generating the report, I would like to copy data from the "current data" library into the "previous data" library. Can I do so without changing the "date modified" of the datasets? I have tried both Proc Copy and Proc Datasets.

Second question: The current data is downloaded from FTP (Ipswitch WS_FTP Professional 2006) as a zip file, unzipped, and placed into my "current data" library. Is there a way to automate this within SAS?

Thank you very much!
2 REPLIES 2
sassygrl
Calcite | Level 5
A co-worker pointed me to the "datecopy" option, as in:

proc copy in=curr out=prev datecopy; run;

But for some reason that didn't work for me. Any idea why?
deleted_user
Not applicable
Hello sassygrl.

You can copy the data without changing the date modified of the datasets. You can automate a batch file to run through windows task scheduler to xcopy the files on a regular basis. START > RUN > cmd > ENTER. type: xcopy / help . This will give you an idea of how to use xcopy.

Once you understand how xcopy works you can test it by writing the command in a .txt file and then saving the file with a .bat extension. Just double click on the .bat file to run the script.

Cheers.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

New Learning Events in April

Join us for two new fee-based courses: Administrative Healthcare Data and SAS via Live Web Monday-Thursday, April 24-27 from 1:00 to 4:30 PM ET each day. And Administrative Healthcare Data and SAS: Hands-On Programming Workshop via Live Web on Friday, April 28 from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM ET.

LEARN MORE

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation