BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
deleted_user
Not applicable
Dear All,

I am about to join as a Clincal Data Programmer (SAS) in an MNC. I don't have much bacck ground in SAS, but the company will provide SAS training. But am pretty good in programming (PERL / C / Java / SQL). Could you guys help me out by directing me to a good strating point to learn SAS programming (BASE/STAT/MACRO).

What all modules I should lear for Clincal Data Analysis using SAS ?
Is SAS learning edition a good place to start ?

Please reply me,
S Khadar
2 REPLIES 2
Dave_SAS
SAS Employee
The best place to start will probably depend on your technical and industry experience level. SAS provides a variety of training courses that focus on general SAS programming concepts, but don't really focus on clinical research industry.

There are some excellent books available as well. The Little SAS Book is a great introduction to the world of SAS. The book "SAS programming in the pharmaceutical industry" is clearly more industry-specific, and assumes some basic SAS programming skills.

You should be able to find the books here http://support.sas.com/publishing/index.html

Good luck in your new position.
Dave
deleted_user
Not applicable
A new book by Jack Shostak looks quite useful for beginners in clinical data analysis:
http://www.sas.com/apps/pubscat/bookdetails.jsp?pc=59827 .
Message was edited by: ForumAdmin@sas at May 8, 2006 8:47 AM

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

New Learning Events in April

Join us for two new fee-based courses: Administrative Healthcare Data and SAS via Live Web Monday-Thursday, April 24-27 from 1:00 to 4:30 PM ET each day. And Administrative Healthcare Data and SAS: Hands-On Programming Workshop via Live Web on Friday, April 28 from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM ET.

LEARN MORE

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation