BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
WHPPHD
Calcite | Level 5

Hello.

I am wondering if there is anyone out there that has or knows of a SAS algorithm already created to generate counts for lines and age bands for Child Health Check-ups (CHCUP) or EPSDT or CMS-416.

Any direction would be appreciated.

Thanks

WHP

4 REPLIES 4
ballardw
Super User

I'm not quite sure what you may mean by "lines" but for age groups one of the most flexible approaches is the creation of a custom format and Proc Freq.

assume that age is in years

proc format ;

value agegroup

0 - 3 = "0 to 3"

4 - 6 = "4 to 6"

7 - 12 = "7 to 12"

13 - high = "13+"

;

run;

Proc freq data=have;

tables age ;

format age agegroup. ;

run;

If you only want counts then modify the tables statement with / nopercent nocum if single variable or

/ norow nocol nopercent if crossing age with another variable.

WHPPHD
Calcite | Level 5

Hello ballard.

Thank you for your response.

Yes I am good with the basic concept format & proc freq for age groups.

The form itself is quite extensive and requires if then else, do loops, and I imagine macros in some healthcare companies logic in order to pull and populate.

I would rather not reinvent the wheel from scratch if a version or two that I could cut and paste from specific for my medicaid population are available.

My question is really does anyone have the complete algorithm for this form, less their specific proprietary terms (blinded) etc..

Thanks

WHP

ballardw
Super User

Sorry for the misunderstanding.

I suspect finding a cut-and-paste may be difficult due to variable naming and different data sources structures.

WHPPHD
Calcite | Level 5

No misunderstanding my friend, appreciate your input.

Yes of course, cut and paste would have many complications as you mention.

Generally you can use a find and replace with some efficiency from time to time, but will still be tedious.

Thanks for your input.

WHP

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

New Learning Events in April

Join us for two new fee-based courses: Administrative Healthcare Data and SAS via Live Web Monday-Thursday, April 24-27 from 1:00 to 4:30 PM ET each day. And Administrative Healthcare Data and SAS: Hands-On Programming Workshop via Live Web on Friday, April 28 from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM ET.

LEARN MORE

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 2 in conversation