BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
deleted_user
Not applicable
Can SAS show errors while running (not see in xxx.log) ?
6 REPLIES 6
deleted_user
Not applicable
Please be more specific.

See errors where? See errors of what type?

Kind regards

David
deleted_user
Not applicable
Hello David,
I mean that when i run sas script i use command
sas sascript.sas -log xxx.log -print xxx.lst
during running it doesn't show the errors if any, i have to see it in xxx.log file, the question is
is it possible to show the any errors if any during running sas script ?
is there option to show errors while running ?
many thanks
deleted_user
Not applicable
Hello David,
I have one more question, Does SAS may be light version for download to use on my pc for study, I want to learn about it.
deleted_user
Not applicable
Hello David,
I have one more question, Does SAS has light version for download to use on my pc for study, I want to learn it.
deleted_user
Not applicable
If you also use the -unbuflog parameter when you start your batch, then messages are written to the log as they arise rather than paged. With an appropriate text file browser, you can then periodically open your log to check for messages. Note that most browsers will lock the file, and this is to be avoided. However, you can also copy the log and read the copy.

All of this is a little clumsy, but other solutions are possible using additional statements in your program to pop up windows in your operating system when errors are detected. This however is a reasonably complex piece of work, and since I work on the basis that an error in a log means all after the error is tainted, I will usually set the session option to ErrorAbend so that the session stops when an error occurs rather than have some hours of run time to produce a flawed output.

Kind regards

David
Dave_SAS
SAS Employee
The 'light' version of SAS is SAS Learning Edition. More information can be found at: http://support.sas.com/training/le/

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

New Learning Events in April

Join us for two new fee-based courses: Administrative Healthcare Data and SAS via Live Web Monday-Thursday, April 24-27 from 1:00 to 4:30 PM ET each day. And Administrative Healthcare Data and SAS: Hands-On Programming Workshop via Live Web on Friday, April 28 from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM ET.

LEARN MORE

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation