BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
konchada
Calcite | Level 5

Hi, Friends,

How to control/change the default font when you export a SAS data set to a CSV file. I have the below code:

ods tagsets.CSV file = "..\pkdata\test.csv"   style = Printer   ;
proc print data=pkdata noobs label;

run;

ods tagsets.csv close;

Thanks in advance.

6 REPLIES 6
Doc_Duke
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

CSV files, by definition, do not have any associated font.  There is nothing to change.  The font used to display the information is totally up to the application used.

konchada
Calcite | Level 5

Hi Doc,

Thanks much for the reply. Just to make sure, right now I get a font size of 8 and I want to make it 10, but I can’t right? I tried doing it the way we do it with excel (redefining the style using Proc Template) which dint work!

Thanks again.

Doc_Duke
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Right, the font is being controlled by the tool that you are using to display the information and is not something that is contained in the .CSV file itself.

konchada
Calcite | Level 5

Thanks again Doc.

DouglasMartin
Calcite | Level 5

If you want an illustration of what Doc@Duke is getting at, right-click on one of your .CSV files in Windows, choose Open With, and open it in Notepad instead of Excel. You will see that there is NO formatting information; it just contains comma-separated data.

konchada
Calcite | Level 5

Got it. Thanks a lot !

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

New Learning Events in April

Join us for two new fee-based courses: Administrative Healthcare Data and SAS via Live Web Monday-Thursday, April 24-27 from 1:00 to 4:30 PM ET each day. And Administrative Healthcare Data and SAS: Hands-On Programming Workshop via Live Web on Friday, April 28 from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM ET.

LEARN MORE

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation