BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
jill
Calcite | Level 5

​Hi,

CDISC has provided controlled terminology for several Questionnaires, and
these are 'Non Extensible'. But some Questionnares like ESS, SGRQ-C, BDI etc
need Total scores to be calculated (derived), either for the whole test or for
sub groups, but the TEST/TESTCD for this is not provided in the  controlled
terminology and respective Questionnaire supplements.

How are these 'Total Scores' to be recorded if the controlled terminology is
non extensible?

For example,

ESS has 8 questions, for which the CDISC has provided controlled terminology, and has given examples in the ESS Questionnaire supplement, but I need to collect/derive the Total score as well. Since the code list is not extensible, how do I do this?

How to record the sums for Symptoms component, Activity component, Impacts component and Total score for SGRQ-C.

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Lex_SAS
SAS Employee

Since this is not a SAS question perse, I think you will have a higher chance to get an answer when asking in a CDISC forum.

I would suggest the "SDTM - Experts" discussion group on LinkedIn: CDISC - SDTM Experts | LinkedIn

CDISC also has a discussion forum, unfortunately with a lot of spam, and much less traffic: Public Discussion Forum

Lex@SAS

jill
Calcite | Level 5

Thank you, I'll try that

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

New Learning Events in April

Join us for two new fee-based courses: Administrative Healthcare Data and SAS via Live Web Monday-Thursday, April 24-27 from 1:00 to 4:30 PM ET each day. And Administrative Healthcare Data and SAS: Hands-On Programming Workshop via Live Web on Friday, April 28 from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM ET.

LEARN MORE

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation