BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Ana2017
Fluorite | Level 6

Hello!

I am trying to analyse data from animal behaviour. 

4 groups (treatments) with 10 animales each. 

4 different activities recorded: Sleep, walk, eat, play.

I want to know if any treatment cause a different proportion of the activity in each group. 

Do someone can help me with this? I need a script to run in SAS. I am using sas for student. 

Example. The data is the frequency of each activity recorded per animal in a period of 2 hours. 

Group 111222 
Animal 123…(10 animals each group)123…10 
Sleep1510 1616  
Walk2314 2323  
Eat1422 2424  
Play2636 5425  

Thank you. 

4 REPLIES 4
Kurt_Bremser
Super User

Please supply some example data in a data step with datalines, and an example for the result you expect.

If you want to use your existing dataset (or a subset thereof), use the macro provided in https://communities.sas.com/t5/SAS-Communities-Library/How-to-create-a-data-step-version-of-your-dat... to convert the dataset to a data step.

Post the resulting code in a code window, as described in https://communities.sas.com/t5/help/faqpage/faq-category-id/posting?nobounce.

Ana2017
Fluorite | Level 6

Thanks! I am trying to to what you have suggested me, but I have being experimenting some problems. 

Just in advance, is proc glimmix categorical analysis suitable for data of behaviour?

Regards.

Reeza
Super User

Don't look for a PROCEDURE, decide the type of statistical analysis you need first. And then someone can either tell you the PROC that will work or you can search for that. 

Ana2017
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi Reeza, How are you? I hope everything is fine. 

To choose the type of statistical analysis I need, these are some point to take into account:

I need a test to address the question is there a difference between groups? (independent groups.) Comparing between groups.

10 collection time points.

Independent variables: Categorical data (nominal).

Dependent variables (treatment): Categorical data (nominal).

4 Treatments.

Data with normal distribution (parametric tests)

Can be the Chi-Square X2 test suitable to be used in this situation?

All the best.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

New Learning Events in April

Join us for two new fee-based courses: Administrative Healthcare Data and SAS via Live Web Monday-Thursday, April 24-27 from 1:00 to 4:30 PM ET each day. And Administrative Healthcare Data and SAS: Hands-On Programming Workshop via Live Web on Friday, April 28 from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM ET.

LEARN MORE

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation