BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
deleted_user
Not applicable
Dear All,
Kindly inform to me.
Actually we are using SAS 9.1.3 in Windows Xp with Service pack1.
Now I want to capture the details of sessions(open/end/create a file/edit a file/delete a file) that means Audit trial.
How to access it?
I want full details regarding this.
4 REPLIES 4
RolandRB
Calcite | Level 5
> Dear All,
> Kindly inform to me.
> Actually we are using SAS 9.1.3 in Windows Xp with
> Service pack1.
> Now I want to capture the details of
> sessions(open/end/create a file/edit a file/delete a
> file) that means Audit trial.
> How to access it?
> I want full details regarding this.

You mention "file". Do you really mean "dataset"? Anyhow, search the online documentation for the word "audit".

http://support.sas.com/onlinedoc/913/docMainpage.jsp
deleted_user
Not applicable
Ok you are giving for dataset. But I want capture details of entire SAS (opem/close/create a file /edit a file /delete a file) only. I want answer as early as possible.
RolandRB
Calcite | Level 5
> Ok you are giving for dataset. But I want capture
> details of entire SAS (opem/close/create a file /edit
> a file /delete a file) only. I want answer as early
> as possible.

I think you will have to get information on files from one of the system logs. Can someone correct me if I am wrong.
deleted_user
Not applicable
I'm sure you do, but my clients also want answers as early as possible and they are paying for my time. Free advice has to come when free time allows.

The Windows registry keeps a record of files opened in an application through the MRU list. Reading the registry and exporting the data is the subject of a number of operating system tools and applications you can find by searching on Google. Some presumably give great results and response times if their price is any guide.

The limitations are many and include the length of the MRU list as defined in the application. Accessing 25 programs during the day and exporting the results at end of day will still only list four programs if that is all you set in the session options.

Knowing whether the file was saved is equally circuitous, and requires checking the Access / Modified / Written dates for the file from the file attributes.

I remember there were undocumented options for V6 that allowed you to trap more activity in your SAS session, but I don't recall what these were and wouldn't know if they are still available.

Kind regards

David

P.S. forum support: the word "SAS" is coming up as incorrect in the spell check application.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

New Learning Events in April

Join us for two new fee-based courses: Administrative Healthcare Data and SAS via Live Web Monday-Thursday, April 24-27 from 1:00 to 4:30 PM ET each day. And Administrative Healthcare Data and SAS: Hands-On Programming Workshop via Live Web on Friday, April 28 from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM ET.

LEARN MORE

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation