BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
ashu464810
Calcite | Level 5

I have requirement where I want to add prefilter in the final report but that filter should be hidden from user.

I am using OLAP cube for that report and displaying in WRS through SAS Infomap. Is it possible to add prefilter in SAS OLAP cube as now the option is not available in SAS InfoMap. Any Info available are welcome to share?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Madelyn_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

The Hide from User option for filters in the information map is for use with prefilters. However, you cannot create prefilters for OLAP data. Your only option is to create an MDX expression directly on the cube. This is described in

http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/olapug/69844/HTML/default/viewer.htm#n0kme6xgwhlfoyn1f5m...

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Madelyn_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

Do you need the filter for security reasons? For example, SAS Demo User should be able to see only information for North Carolina. Or do you want to filter results in the report but not allow users to change the filter value?

ashu464810
Calcite | Level 5

Yes I want to filter results in the report but not allow users to change the filter value and also the filter which I applied should not be visible to the end user while seeing the report.

LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20
@ashu464810 unfortunately your reply makes nothing to enlighten your requirement.
Ading a filter to the cube itself makes little sense, if that's your take, create a new cube instead.
Data never sleeps
ashu464810
Calcite | Level 5

@LinusH I understand but I have one doubt we can create filter in Information map studio for Cube Based report but when I am trying to hide the filter from user it is not filtering the data rather I am getting all the recorods from the table. Can you help me with this?

Thnx

Madelyn_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

To apply the filter you created in the information map in Web Report Studio, you would have to select Section Filters from the Options menu on the Section Data pane on the left, and specifically select the filter. It is not applied automatically. However, information about the filter is displayed if the person viewing the report has the Display Applied Filter preference turned on.

You might want to consider MDX permissions on the cube. You can do that via SAS Management Console. See

http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/olapug/69844/HTML/default/viewer.htm#n0kme6xgwhlfoyn1f5m...

ashu464810
Calcite | Level 5

@Madelyn_SAS My requirement is to filter the data from the column and the filter which I apply should not be visible to all the end user....I know there is option of hide from user  in SAS Information Map studio but when I am trying to set that I am not getting the filtered data also I am not getting pre filter option in Information Map studio when I am using SAS Olap Cube as source in Information Map studio.

Madelyn_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

The Hide from User option for filters in the information map is for use with prefilters. However, you cannot create prefilters for OLAP data. Your only option is to create an MDX expression directly on the cube. This is described in

ashu464810
Calcite | Level 5

@Madelyn_SAS Thank you for your Info....Now I have given normal filter for my report

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation