BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
karolisb
Fluorite | Level 6

Hello everyone,

Is it possible to pass parameters to report through Web Report Studio?

Let's assume I have a Stored Process with one parameter 'Client Name'. This SP looks up for a client with given name (parameter) and puts some information about him, BUT if there are more than 1 client with that name, it gives only a list of names.

What I want to achieve: create hyperlinks on every client, so that when clicked it would launch report again, but this time with full client's name on 'Client Name' parameter. 

SAS Information Delivery Portal  Version: 4.4_M3

SAS 9.4

7 REPLIES 7
ccaulkins91
Obsidian | Level 7

This should be doable using Report Linking... in the Edit mode, on a table object as you right-click it.

Data Dugger
Madelyn_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

When you open the Report LInking dialog box, select "An existing report or stored process." Then select the stored process and click the Set Up Destination Report button. The next dialog box lets you associate a data item in the WRS report with a prompt in the stored process.

ccaulkins91
Obsidian | Level 7

Madelyn -
How do I link to an individual range on a dashboard?

Regards,

Chad

Data Dugger
Madelyn_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

I'm sorry, but I'm not sure what you are asking. Can you give an example of what you are trying to do that you are not seeing available with the Report Linking feature?

ccaulkins91
Obsidian | Level 7
can a report be linked to from a dashboard?
Data Dugger
Madelyn_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

From the SAS BI Dashboard User's Guide, it look like you can link to SAS Web Report Studio reports. See beginning on page 112

https://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/bidbrdug/67143/PDF/default/bidbrdug.pdf

Sachin_bansode
Fluorite | Level 6
Hi Please check below link. http://support.sas.com/kb/40/009.html Let me know if you need more details. Regards Sachin Bansode

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 4 in conversation