BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
ajuvaba
Calcite | Level 5

I was wondering if there is a similar possibility for Web Report Studio as you can use in PROC Report where you can define a mouse over effect and show user an explanation if they move mouse to header, for example. It could be useful for data tables to explain some variables or if you show a city then explain a region or show something that could be interesting but should not be always visible as column. Als a comment in a table can make table very hard to read...

I know that you can define a column as hyperlink and show it with different font color, using IMAP. Is there a way to show comment?

Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3
Haikuo
Onyx | Level 15

I 'd admit that I have never tried that. But theoretically it might be possible if you do the following:

Proc Report (with mouse over function defined) --> stored process --> insert into WRS.

Stored process which supports chart tips, drill down etc may also have 'mouse over' capacity if called by WRS.

Haikuo

Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Hi,

Since WRS uses SASReport XML (and not standard HTML) the FLYOVER attribute might not work in WRS, although it may work in the Portal. Even when you use a stored process with WRS, the SP results are SASReport XML and NOT HTML, which is why the FLYOVER attribute might not work. This would be a question for Tech Support.

cynthia

ShaneGibson_OptimalBI
Fluorite | Level 6

Another approach (not as good as a flyove though) is add the descriptive metadata in the information map for each variable.  Then in the WRS report if th euser clicks the :smileyinfo: they will get a pop up with the metadata for the data in the WRS report.

(Worked in 9.1 havent actually tried in 9.3)

Cheers

Shane

OptimalBI

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation