BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
deleted_user
Not applicable
Hi, not sure if i'm posting this in the right place but here goes........

Put simply, I'm trying to print a table of URLs and I'd like the ability to click through to them from WRS.

I'm trying to create a data dictionary type application and i'd like to be able to search for a column name and have the ability to click through to a specific URL which will present me with a document containing more detailed info on the selected column.

Has anyone else ever tried this, or does anyone have any ideas if it is possible??

Cheers

Paul
6 REPLIES 6
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi:
Web Report Studio uses XML and Java to present information. HTML tags may or may not be honored in a Web Report Studio report or stored process results (usually not with SAS 9.1.3 and WRS 3.1) This Tech Support note has some relevant info:
http://support.sas.com/kb/18/085.html

The type of drill-down that you describe is seems more a Portal applet or Portal stored process rather than a WRS report.

For more help with what you want to accomplish, you might be better served by opening a track with Tech Support.

cynthia
deleted_user
Not applicable
Hi Cynthia,

Thanks for the info. I have previously queried Tech Support who told me it was not possible but I thought I'd try my luck on here. You never know, someone might have a hack 😉

Cheers

Paul
Jenn2
SAS Employee
Simkinp,
Did you build the table in Web Report Studio or in some other application?
deleted_user
Not applicable
Jenn2,

The table was built in Base SAS then imported into a metadata library. This dataset is then referenced via an information map.

Cheers

Paul
cgerdvil
Calcite | Level 5
What you want to do is not possible in 9.1.3 unless you use Report Linking and prompts created from Information Map Studio.
That's a good idea you have and I might try it 🙂
I overcame this limitation in WRS by creating drilled reports based on prompts from a rolled up report in a hierarchy.
For example, let's say I have a 100K record table of customers and I wanted to display the data based on user driven input. (too much data for one report and will render very slowly when used with group breaks)
I create a "Top" page with totals of customers based on State where State is a link to another report (50 records, 2 columns). State is also a filter that I set up in another report where the user is prompted to enter a State. I link the two reports together by State and the user can click on the State of interest and see a detailed report subsetted by State. Follow that logic all the way down the chain until you get to the lowest level of detail you want to display.
I'm not sure how exactly you're going to be able to do this but the method I described is fairly simple but powerful - it kind of acts like a cube but faster.
deleted_user
Not applicable
cgerdvil,
Thanks for the info.

hmmmm, I'm wondering now if I could link a report to a stored process perhaps, and somehow have the stored process render some html for me. (Time to go play again!)

Cheers

Paul

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation