BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
JohnT
Quartz | Level 8

Gday,

I have published an Information Map in SAS Web Report Studio.

I want the users to be able to filter the report (using the Filter and Rank option, I don't believe there is another way), but I don't want them to be able to see the Edit tab.

Ultimately, I don't want them to be able to edit the report that I have setup.  I don't mind if they save it elsewhere though (for now).

I followed the instructions in this link:

http://blog.saasinct.com/2011/05/12/web-report-studio-4-3-roles-and-hiding-the-edit-tab/

^^

To remove the Edit tab, and that worked, but only when I had the Web Report Studio: Report Viewing role applied.  As a consequence the user was not able to use the Filter and Rank option.

I changed the role of the group that a test user was in to Web Report Studio: Report Creation with the hope of allowing the user to filter the data.  This was successful, but the Edit tab returned.

So, can I allow the user to use the Filter and Rank option but have the Edit tab hidden from them?  Or am I going to have to think about editing the roles such that they cannot save reports (I'm not even sure if this solution would work)?

Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
Madelyn_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

Give your users the Basic Edit capability. That should enable the context menu that pops up when you right-click on an object. This menu includes the Filter & Rank option.

You also might want to take a look at this sample: http://support.sas.com/kb/42/890.html

JohnT
Quartz | Level 8

Thanks BIC_USER_3, after a lot of chasing up I finally got IT to add basic edit to the role (created a new role based on Web Report Studio: Report Viewing, and then added Basic Edit).  It's a shame that even though I'm a SAS Administrator, IT had to use the sasadm account, I cannot edit Roles or create new ones relating to Web Report Studio.

The user was able to apply Filter and Rank whilst the Edit tab was hidden, however, they were still able to Save the report such that everyone would see their filters.  Not ideal.

I haven't attempted to find out where I can set permissions for who can save the reports yet, I'll get to that shortly.

Message was edited by: John Tay Yesterday I tried Access Control Templates, and that did the trick.  I forgot about using ACTs, so what I will do is delete the role I created, assign the users one of the existing roles and leave my ACT which denys write member metadata.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 2 in conversation