Traditional web-based reporting with SAS BI tools

Use of SAS Code To Invoke the Distribution of a Web Report

Contributor

Use of SAS Code To Invoke the Distribution of a Web Report

Does anyone know if it is possible to kick of the distribution of a web report via code that is run as part of a scheduled job via the SAS OS Job Scheduler? I know that this seems like an odd question but I need to distribute reports to users based upon information that an existing program downloads from a data vendor on a nightly basis. Unfortunately, the data vendor provides me with the data when new activity takes place and it can be several days between updates. As a result, I only want to distrubte reports when I have recieved fresh data from the vendor.

Many Thanks,

James
SAS Employee

Re: Use of SAS Code To Invoke the Distribution of a Web Report

There is documentation on how to generate Web Reports outside of Web Report Studio. This might get you started.

http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/biwaag/63149/HTML/default/viewer.htm#a003182446.htm

~ Angela
Contributor

Angela,

Thanks for the assitance on this!!! I have successfully run the report from a command line on my Windows 2003 Server and I am in the process of adding an x command call to my data download program so that the report is generated.

Many Thanks...
SAS Employee

Awesome news! Thanks for letting me know!
Sounds like the start of a great SAS User Group paper!

~ Angela
Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation