BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
jcbell
Obsidian | Level 7
I have a stored procedure that is performing some basic ETL for a IM and a WRS report.

I'm curious if I need to write a STP for each report or is there a way to get the name of the WRS report that I'm running from within the stored procedure? Does WRS surface any information about the report to the Workspace Server?

If I have the name - we can look up the parameters of the report in a control table to generalize the STP.

Thanks,

John
5 REPLIES 5
Jay_OAG
Calcite | Level 5
John,
In the STPServer log (I found mine located in /sas92config/Lev1/Logs), the macro vars are displayed with values (similar to the debug output from IntrNet)... _program was listed in my log. There is also a macro variable ( _APSLIST ) which appears to contain a list of the macro vars.

Hope this helps...

Jay
jcbell
Obsidian | Level 7
Thanks everyone. I've confirmed that there is no way to get the name of the WRS report that is running.

Time for plan B.

Thanks,

John
metalray
Calcite | Level 5
Hi John,
whats your plan b? I noticed that the web report name becomes part of the URL. is that a way?

We are also looking at a STP that generates links dynamically using the browser language and the report that is actually using the STP. We dont want to generate hundreds of STPs so it would be good if some value from the WRS that uses it can be used as a parameter.
Nithin
Calcite | Level 5
I would suggest configuring STP in SAS Information Map Studio if you are planning to generalize the functionality.

-Nithin
metalray
Calcite | Level 5
we used some java script in a STP that is then inserted into a web report.
thanksfully, the last part of the URL in web report studio or information delivery portal always contains the report name:
var userLang = (navigator.language) ? navigator.language : navigator.userLanguage;
var fullurl = document.location.href;
var reportname = fullurl.substring(fullurl.length -10);

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation