BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
UCFAngel
Obsidian | Level 7
I have migrated a multi-section report from WRS 3.1 to WRS 4.2 and the section tabs are missing. I can select the sections from the Table of Contents but this is not the desired way, as our users are accustomed to the tabs and we will have to retrain everyone. Is this feature gone from WRS 4.2 and will it be available in a future release?
7 REPLIES 7
julierd
SAS Employee
Hi UCFAngel,

Thanks for your post. We have received quite a bit of feedback about the missing section tabs. While section tabs are not displayed in v4.2, there is a provisional option in v4.3 (available upon request) to enable the section tabs. Also we will be reintroducing the section tabs in the next major release of WRS.

I hope that helps.

Julie
twocanbazza
Quartz | Level 8
Hi Julie.

Can you confirm that this means a report createor will be able to decide which method to use for their report. ie. Contents down the left or Tabs or Both?

How do we request the provisional option in v4.3 and what are the caveats (assuming there are some given it is not a general release).

Also what was the rationale behind changing in the first place?

And finally when are we expecting v4.3...

Cheers

Barry Message was edited by: twocanbazza
UCFAngel
Obsidian | Level 7
Thank you so much for your prompt reply. How do we obtain v4.3? Does our SAS representative download it? What release of SAS do we need to have installed? We license the Enterprise BI Server and have installed 9.2 v2.
deleted_user
Not applicable
Hi,

Web Report Studio 4.3 is currently scheduled to be available some time during 4th quarter 2010. When it becomes available, you should contact your designated SAS representative and they should be able to take care of this for you.

Please let me know if you have further questions.

Thanks,

Lynn
UCFAngel
Obsidian | Level 7
Thank you! Can't wait for this option - our users will be lost when we go live next month.
boschy
Fluorite | Level 6
It's great that SAS constantly evolve their products.

But we at my site do wonder what motivates SAS to remove features/functionality that users like, or at least get used to, to be replaced by functionality that is worse than before.

The removal of tabs in WRS 4.2 is one example. The changes to Enterprise Guide V4.2 is another example.

I know that tabs in a GUI can become useless when too many tabs need to be accessible. But it's best to give customers a choice in newer releases, rather than removing the capability all together. It's the silent majority who ends up suffering! :D Message was edited by: boschy
julierd
SAS Employee
Good question! We realize that the section tabs are needed and we are taking steps to make sure they are included in the next release.

At SAS, we are always striving to improve our products and customer feedback is an integral part of that process. Our usability group regularly meets with customers and gathers input through a variety of methods, including site visits, surveys, focus groups, and usability testing. If you would like to participate in any of these efforts in the future, please email us directly as usability@sas.com.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 in conversation