Traditional web-based reporting with SAS BI tools

SAS Web Report Studio Report Design approach vs Crystal Reports for Cashflow monitoring?

Occasional Contributor

SAS Web Report Studio Report Design approach vs Crystal Reports for Cashflow monitoring?

Hi,

I am looking at designing a consolidated cashflow report for different type of income/expenses over a time window period, and starting with a starting balance amount.

I have the various detail data sets of each type of transactions group ready. It's like preparing a balance sheet depending on the user to decide what type of groups should be inserted into the balance sheet, but the balance sheet will roll over for a stipulated time frame ie. few days or a month etc. These would include future scheduled transaction data that are regular income/expenses.

As a crystal report old-timer, i should easily get this accomplished through adding subreports and passing starting balance to deduct each group subtotal for a end-of-period balance.

Would like to hear from the communnity, the best design approach on this through the use of Web studio report and the heavy usage of information maps and Data Integration studio if need be? Have been dwelling on this for the longest time trying to massage the data at DI level with no success...

If there are any existing samples or design tips you can share/refrerence, that will greatly help too.

Thanks!

Post a Question
Discussion Stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 in conversation