Traditional web-based reporting with SAS BI tools

SAS BI DASHBOARD 3.1 Question

Contributor

SAS BI DASHBOARD 3.1 Question

Hi,

I am new to the Business Intelligence tools and had a question on one of the things that I am trying to accomplish through the BI Dashboard.

I have a cube which has a Time Dimension which will have actual days rolling upto week ending.The other dimension that I have is a product dimension where sub-products of a portfolio are rolled up to actual portfolio itself.

Now, I have number of applications coming in for these products as a measure "Sum of Apps" which gets reported at the Time Dimension and the product dimension. My objective is to build a traffic lighting basically which gives us a visual presentation of how we are doing against our plan.

I read couple of white papers which suggested that if a cube is a data model for the BI dashboard it has to be converted to a two-dimensional structure where one of the dimension needs to be defined as rows. I defined the time dimension as a row, product as a column and sum of apps as a column and the attribute look something like this when i update the mapping

20100101, sum of apps
20100107, sum of apps
20100114, sum of apps

Eventually while preparing the indicator it only allows me to select one of these as primary source and the traffic lighting happens only for a week.

My objective is to build a dashboard where as and when a new member is added in that hierarchy like if next week 20100121 gets added that the dashboard reflects the traffic lighting for that week dynamically or even better that the users can select exactly the week for which they would like to have the visual presentation for, so that even if we are in May 2010 and somebody wants to look at the history numbers they are allowed to select the week.

Am I trying to accomplish too much here or do you think BI Dashboard 3.1 is the right tool for this?
Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Tej
Post a Question
Discussion Stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 in conversation