Traditional web-based reporting with SAS BI tools

Problems with ID when export/import Information Map studio 4.2

Contributor

Problems with ID when export/import Information Map studio 4.2

Hello

I have a problem with the Id´s that doesn´t change when you are exporting/importing and changes the source table, in an information map in 4.2. As noted in this sas note:
http://support.sas.com/kb/30/850.html
the id stays the same (the name of the original datasource), wich is very confusing in an administrative point of view. The "expression" refer to the variable with the ID, so it looks like the variable origin from the "old" datasource.

Does anyone know if there is a way to get hold of the xml and change the ID there? Or any other solution?
Best regards
Jenny
Contributor

Re: Problems with ID when export/import Information Map studio 4.2

Are you working on the information map in Base SAS? or Information Map Studio?
Trusted Advisor

[ Edited ]
Posted in reply to ccaulkins9

Hi @ccaulkins9,

I just would like to let you know this post you kindly answered is from 2011, so you might not receive any answer from the original author.

Although, if you have ideas about the topic, just drop them here, they might be useful for other SAS users google-ing similar kind of question.

Thank you in advance,

Best regards,

Juan

Contributor

Posted in reply to JuanS_OCS
Thank you, Juan! Would there be a better community than Web Report Studio to post this question?
SAS Super FREQ

Posted in reply to ccaulkins9

Typically, this is a good community for information map questions. Do you have the same question as the original poster? If so, then I am afraid that you cannot change the IDs. The old IDs are persisted in order to preserve any existing dependencies on the IDs. For example, if you have existing reports that rely on those original IDs, and you change them, then the reports will break.

Contributor

Posted in reply to Madelyn_SAS
No, my problem has more to do with the XML Editor that waspresent in IMS 3.1 and then "disappeared" in 4.2 - officially because developers could do more harm than good to their Information Maps and Smiley Tongue

Has anyone had any experience trying to version control an Information Map(s)?
Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 like
  • 4 in conversation