02-22-2012 01:05 PM
I have created 2 reports: 'rptA' & 'rptB'. Each of these reports use the same shared prompt 'TID'. Both reports run and return the correct results for the value entered into the prompt 'TID' when they are run separately in WRS.
I have created report linking in 'rptA' being the source report and 'rptB' as the destination report. In the report linking dialog box:
1. Checked the box 'Include report links in the table'.
2. Link destination: chose 'An existing report'
3. Drilled down and selected 'rptB'.
4. Under 'Set Up Destination Report'
- Destination Report: has correct report name for 'rptB'
- Open to section: shows 'section 1' (both reports only have one section)
- Under Prompts: Data Items: The text for the prompt 'TID' is displayed with a drop down list of the report data items. I am selecting the data item that is associated with the 'TID' prompt.
- clicked ok
Seems pretty straight forward, just not working for me!
I appreciate any suggestions or help!
02-22-2012 01:59 PM
I am sorry I left off that part!! The problem is that when I run 'rptB' as a linked rerport from 'rptA', I do not get any rows of data selected in the results. However, by running 'rptB' in WRS (not as a linked report) using the SAME value in the prompt as I used when I tried to run it as a linked report from 'rptA', I get 6 rows of data returned on the report, which is what I should be getting. Running it as a linked report gives me no results.
Also, on the top of each report where it states "Applied Filters:', the filters match exactly when I run 'rptB' by itself or linked.
03-14-2012 04:49 PM
I had to define the prompt in the Information Map for both reports that I was using in WRS. Apparently, it does not when you use a shared prompt created in SMC.
Need further help from the community? Please ask a new question.