BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
hulllc
Calcite | Level 5

Our group used web delivery portal to deliver web reports to users, but is now transitioning to SharePoint as the content provider. We have many existing web reports (*.srx) that we will continue to use as links in the SharePoint pages.  I am trying to filter content of the web report based on the SharePoint page from which it is invoked. Right now, when the user clicks on the link, a prompt from the web report is provided to the user, and they select the filter value they want. But, since the page they were on when they clicked the link would essentially define the value of the prompt they want, it would make sense to be able to automatically filter the web report by a parameter in the link.

A stored process could do this, but we would like to preserver our investment in web reports, and not have to re-create them as stored processes.

All the talk of passing parameters to linked reports suggests to me that when the second report is called, there must be parameter values embedded in the url link to that second report, but all the literature only shows GUI interfaces for setting up the links, and not the links themselves.

The approach would mimic that used to send parameters to a stored process.  I have tried adding parameters in the links to the web reports as if they were stored process calls, but that has not worked.

Is there a way to add parameters to a link to a web report that invokes a pre-defined information map filter or passes a prompt parameter to the report?

Thanks

Larry

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
hulllc
Calcite | Level 5

While this isn't a general response to my question, the purpose of the question was because the company I work for uses gmail, with no local email client installed.  The "mail to" link on web report studio needs a local email client.  This link shows how to make several of the popular browsers use gmail as the email client.  Once that is done, the "mail to" link in web report studio works with gmail, and you can obtain the url for the web report from the email.  So while this doesn't say how to pass parameters, it does solve my problem.

http://blog.hubspot.com/marketing/set-gmail-as-browser-default-email-client-ht

Larry

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
hulllc
Calcite | Level 5

While this isn't a general response to my question, the purpose of the question was because the company I work for uses gmail, with no local email client installed.  The "mail to" link on web report studio needs a local email client.  This link shows how to make several of the popular browsers use gmail as the email client.  Once that is done, the "mail to" link in web report studio works with gmail, and you can obtain the url for the web report from the email.  So while this doesn't say how to pass parameters, it does solve my problem.

http://blog.hubspot.com/marketing/set-gmail-as-browser-default-email-client-ht

Larry

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 1 in conversation