BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
sks
Fluorite | Level 6 sks
Fluorite | Level 6
Hello All,
I am the Content Administrator for a group and I have created a page on the Information Delivery portal which can be viewed by users in the group, however when I add new users to the group thru Management Console, the new users are not able to see the page and the portlet. I am running SAS 9.2 M2 on AIX. I have not seen this behavior before, Has anyone come across this kind of issue?

The page is set to persistent and is shared to the report reviewers group(For which I am the Content Administrator)

Thanks
Shri
5 REPLIES 5
twocanbazza
Quartz | Level 8
If the users search (Using the search top right) for the page, can they find it?
sks
Fluorite | Level 6 sks
Fluorite | Level 6
> If the users search (Using the search top right) for
> the page, can they find it?

Yes they can find it, but it is not showing up by default when they log in to the portal. And this is happening only to newly added users to the group.

Thanks
Shri
RSB
Calcite | Level 5 RSB
Calcite | Level 5
Are the new users Portal Administrators? Make sure they aren't, if they are Portal Adminstrators they will not be able to see the pages by default.
sks
Fluorite | Level 6 sks
Fluorite | Level 6
> Are the new users Portal Administrators? Make sure
> they aren't, if they are Portal Adminstrators they
> will not be able to see the pages by default.

No the new users are not Portal Administrators. The only thing about these new users are that they are in multiple groups. I don't know if that has anything to do with this. In the past I always created the pages and the portlets as the SAStrust user and had not seen this issue. But at this place I am assigned as just the Content Administrator for a group.

Thanks For all your insight
Shri
sks
Fluorite | Level 6 sks
Fluorite | Level 6
Just wanted to post an update, I have found the solution to this problem, the user had to clear their Portal page history as mentioned in the sas note below

http://support.sas.com/kb/36/697.html

which will enable them to view the information they need to as the member of a new group.

Thanks
Shri

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation