BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
RSB
Calcite | Level 5 RSB
Calcite | Level 5
I am getting a crossjoin in my query when I place the dimensions [Customer Type] and [Customer_Name] in the rows and the measure on the columns, all the customers are repeating for each customer type. To avoid this I can include NON EMPTY in my MDX query for example :

SELECT
{ [Measures].[Collateral Value] } ON COLUMNS,
NON EMPTY CrossJoin({ [Customer Type].[All Customer Type].Children }, { [Customer_Name].[All Customer_Name].Children }) ON ROWS
FROM [CUBE_COLLATERAL]

The problem is I have to surface the cube in the OLAP viewer as a data exploration, and since I am fairly a beginner in MDX i am not able to find a way how and where to specify the NON EMPTY during the cross join in the OLAP viewer or is there any way to create a custom measure/ member as a work around for this.

Thanks in advance.
2 REPLIES 2
AngelaHall
SAS Employee
I know from SAS Web Report Studio 4.3, you can deselect the option 'Include members with only missing values' from the Data Menu.

Haven't been in Web OLAP Viewer in quite awhile, but there probably is a setting in that to do something similar.

~ Angela
twocanbazza
Quartz | Level 8
There is an option on the Data Exploration... Have a look under View-> Preferences...

I would also say you should re-consider using Data Explorations as they are been phased out in the 4.3 clients, ie OLAP Viewer ceases to exist. So I have been told by our local SAS office.

Barry

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation