BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
fsu1fan
Calcite | Level 5

We are attempting to achieve the following and would appreciate it if anyone has any insight into how to implement it.  A user can run a list containing several columns, but click on a static email to another in-house email application (I'm assuming pl/sql or something on the back-end of Oracle Web Reports.  This application reads the emails out to a .csv file from the report location and sends an email.  The email piece is completed.  We only need SAS piece.  Please see below:

1. A SAS Web report is run by a user.
  2. The output of this report is actually not just the report results, but a .csv list of emails and names extracted based on parameters in
    the background (could be multiple parameters) and saved as the report’s actual “report_id” under the user’s ‘My Folder’.
  3. There is a static link points to a local in-house email application, which handles the parameter ‘report_id = report’. This report is authenticated by user ID in the application handling, which points us to the proper “My Folder”. 
  4. 4. The email application reads the “report_id” file under the user’s My Folder into the email server.  The user logs onto the email
    application and then may send an email message to the email address list in the extracted .csv file.

So, the two major points we are needing information about are:

1. Does SAS have a stored procedure to extract certain columns as a .csv file from Web Report Studio as the report is run by the user and to
place the extracted .csv file into the user’s “My Folder?”

2. Is there a stored process that would assist us in using a static link in the report headers, so every report would have this static link
functionality.  Below is an example URL:

https://local.kennesaw.edu/report_id= 1234abcd.5678edfg

As far as the static link, we have been able to work that out using a text box and will suffice vs. in the headers.  And, yes, we know that you can export to excel and save to .csv; however, the above functionality is used in one of our campuses with Oracle Web Reports, and we would really like to be able to provide this to our SAS users at our site.

Any ideas are most appreciated!

sroper

2 REPLIES 2
jwillis
Quartz | Level 8

fsu1fan.  I have to respond because my son just graduated from FSU.  I do not believe I have your solution as I am just a beginner with WRS.  I do know that if you can code what you need in BASE SAS, you can 'paste' the code into an Enterprise Guide project.  Once you have the BASE code working in EG, you can create a Stored Process from the EG project.  WRS can then use your Stored Process.  You can code prompts for your Stored Process that will work in WRS. 

fsu1fan
Calcite | Level 5

Go Noles!!  So glad to hear from a fellow FSU fan!  Small world.

You are right, I will probably need to code something in BASE SAS and then create the stored process, I just need a little guidance as to how to go about it.  I have created stored processes, but this one is a little tricky for me since they want this functionality on all of the WRS reports.  Not sure if we can pull it off, but I thought maybe someone here might have some insight.

Thanks so much for your help!

fsu1fan

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation