BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
jcasaspe
Calcite | Level 5
Hello.

Yesterday, I saw this error when I tried to Logon on WRS.
"Fatal configuration error prevents access to SAS Web Report Studio"

Any ideas?

Thank you very much.

Jose
6 REPLIES 6
twocanbazza
Quartz | Level 8
Have you accessed WRS before? Have you or the admin's made any changes to WRS config's, have you restarted the WRS / Web app containers?

What Version of WRS/SAS? Tomcat,Websphere, Jboss, or Weblogic?

What are the errors in the server log?

Pretty hard to help with out more details

Barry
twocanbazza
Quartz | Level 8
Jose.

How did you get on with this as, (guess what) I encountered the same error message Yesterday after changing my permissions in SMC. Still wtrying to work out the exact conditions that cause this.

There are some pretty interesting errors in the WRS Log that I am looking into.

We are using, Jboss, SAS9.2M2, WRS 4.2 M1 (Build Number: 902200.24.1.20091125111200_v920m2f Build Date: 25/11/2009 )

Cheers Barry
jcasaspe
Calcite | Level 5
Hello Barry.

Thanks for your replies.

I have a similar WRS than you.

Two weeks ago, WRS workeds perfectly, but now still dead.

I hope you can find any solution. SAS Support is pretty lost with this and still dont get any interesting.

Thank you very much.

Cheers from Peru.

Jose
jcasaspe
Calcite | Level 5
Ups! I forgot it!

We didnt make any changes but, our license expire and then we apply a new one... after that we have the fatal error.

Searching, the only solution i fount is re install all the suite, but that is too risk.

Thanks again.

Jose

PS. Sorry for my bad English he he Message was edited by: jcasaspe
TSBruce
SAS Employee
Providing the portions of the WRS log that pertain to this configuration error would be helpful in determining the root cause. The log will likely have more detailed error messages. Providing the entire stack trace for this error will be helpful.
Madelyn_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

This error can occur if the metadata server is offline when  WRS attempts to perform  nightly maintenance. There are specific messages to look for in the log. See http://support.sas.com/kb/45/665.html

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation