BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
RSB
Calcite | Level 5 RSB
Calcite | Level 5
I am trying to copy the metadata of the cube to a different environment and build a cube, while I am running the Proc OLAP code it is giving me an error message

ERROR: The registration for column "CUSTOMER_ID" is not found on the metadata server

But the metadata for the column CUSTOMER_ID appears in the table, I am not able to figure out what can be wrong, I have included the validvarname= any option in the config file, as I found that in the sas documentation but did not had any luck.

please help. Message was edited by: RSB
4 REPLIES 4
AngelaHall
SAS Employee
Either customer_id is not in the metadata or it isnt in the actual table the metadata references. It also could be a mismatch on the other properties for customer_id (such as format or length). I would suggest comparing the source table and the metadata to ensure everything matches.

~ Angela
RSB
Calcite | Level 5 RSB
Calcite | Level 5
I have thoroughly checked the metadata and I could find the customer_id column in metadata and the actual table, Both the environments has the same data source and just now able to rebuild the same cube in the environment where I copied the metadata from.
AngelaHall
SAS Employee
Here are the notes from SAS TS when this same issue has happened to others:

If the column is on the input table but not in the metadata, the first thing to try is to import the new column into the existing metadata registration for the table. To do this, follow the steps below within SAS Management Console:

1. Under Environment Management, navigate to the table via the path:
Data Library Manager-> SAS Libraries->

2. In the right-hand pane you should see your table listed within the library listing. Right-click on the table and select "Properties".

3. Go to the "Columns" tab. Click on the "Import..." button at the lower right.

4. In the "Import Columns" window, you should be able to move the currently unregistered columns to the "Selected Columns" pane and OK out to save.

If this does not work for you, or the column is already shown in the metadata for the table within the "Columns" tab, you will need to unregister the table and import it back in. This could impact some references to this table, but that cannot be avoided. Therefore, if you can update the metadata by just importing the individual column, that is the recommended method to follow.
RSB
Calcite | Level 5 RSB
Calcite | Level 5
I have deleted the existing Customer_Id column from the metadata and imported the column as per the note.....Voila the cube is built.

Thanks angela!

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation