BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Ravi_Shankar
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

Best Wishes.

Recently I faced a problem, while Adding data in an OLAP SAS Cube using Incremental Update --> Update In Place option of SAS OLAP Cube Studio, We added data twice for the same day. Now it is showing the double figures in the reports. How can I remove the doubly added data from the cube. I can not delete the Cube and rebuild it because we do not have history data in any file.

Please help.

Thanks,

Ravi Shankar

4 REPLIES 4
SundeepK
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi Ravishankar,

Before doing the Update in place option for the cube which you built. Have you taken backup in SAS Management console. If so, you can restore it to the original position.

Thanks,

Sundeep

Ravi_Shankar
Calcite | Level 5

Dear Sundeep,

Thanks for Reply.

As far sas I know, Backup from SMC will have the metadata of cube backed up not the data of the cube. my question is how to delete "Added Data" and related generation using Update In-Pleace option.

Please help.

Thanks,

Ravi Shankar

SundeepK
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi Ravishankar,

Please go through the below weblink which may be helpful:

https://support.sas.com/resources/papers/sgf2008/olapcube.pdf

Thanks,

Sundeep

LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20

I don't know really what to do in your situation.

I just want to stress the importance of storing detail data that makes up the cube.

Actually, I've never heard of anyone creating cubes, and not storing the source data.

What about file system backups, you surely have those...?

Data never sleeps

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation