BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
StephenOverton
Fluorite | Level 6
Anybody have any recommendations for displaying cumulative running totals across a dimension? i.e. show total products sold by month.

I can definitely do this from an ETL perspective, I'd like to accomplish in the information map.
5 REPLIES 5
Jenn2
SAS Employee
Show totals in the info map or in the report?
StephenOverton
Fluorite | Level 6
In the report. I'm not talking about totals or sub totals as you can set with WRS. I'm talking about a running cumulative total.
RichardH_sas
SAS Employee
I think you may be in luck, if your underlying data is an OLAP cube. You can create a custom data item based on a relative time function, which allows OLAP data to display things like differences, percent change, and rolling totals in a time dimension. Search this documentation for "rolling total" and see if that will work for you:

http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/citug/61084/HTML/default/n1irtj68ymv2o9n1l7z5oe7v0ber.ht...
StephenOverton
Fluorite | Level 6
I'll take a look at this, I can easily load the data I'm using into a cube.
StephenOverton
Fluorite | Level 6
This works very well. Thanks for the insight. I notice when you drill into the time dimension, the cumulative total is just for that specific level of the time hierarchy. Makes sense. It would be nice to have a global running total but I think this would require some data transformation work beforehand.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation