BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
NicolaD
Calcite | Level 5

Hi

I have just built a new report, based on a previously working one (I bascially stripped out all the report elements and pointed to a new information map), the section that just contain tables seem to be working but any of the sections with charts in result in the error message below when I try to view it. I'd be greatful if someone could explain what it actually means then I might be able to fix the report.

Root Cause: java.lang.NullPointerException

at com.sas.report.render.view.html.style.StyleClassUtil.fetchHoverColor(StyleClassUtil.java:27)

at com.sas.report.render.view.html.style.StyleClassUtil.createHoverStyleProperties(StyleClassUtil.java:51)

at com.sas.report.render.view.html.style.StyleClassUtil.writeHoverStyleSheetEntry(StyleClassUtil.java:71)

at com.sas.report.render.view.html.style.DefaultStyleClass.writeHover(DefaultStyleClass.java:170)

at com.sas.report.render.view.html.style.StyleManager.writeHoverStyleClass(StyleManager.java:1078)

at com.sas.report.render.view.html.style.StyleManager.write(StyleManager.java:1045)

at com.sas.report.render.view.html.HtmlView.writeStyles(HtmlView.java:356)

at com.sas.report.render.view.html.HtmlView.write(HtmlView.java:430)

at com.sas.apps.citation.model.report.DataProvider$StyleProvider.doWriteContent(DataProvider.java:1045)

at com.sas.apps.citation.model.report.DataProvider.processData(DataProvider.java:454)

at com.sas.apps.citation.model.report.DataProvider.getData(DataProvider.java:429)

at com.sas.apps.citation.model.report.DataProvider.provideData(DataProvider.java:147)

at com.sas.apps.citation.model.report.ContentProvider$ContentProviderTask.acquireReportPageContents(ContentProvider.java:450)

at com.sas.apps.citation.model.report.ContentProvider$ContentProviderTask.run(ContentProvider.java:373)

at com.sas.apps.citation.util.progress.AsyncCancellableHelper$MyRunnable.run(AsyncCancellableHelper.java:521)

at com.sas.apps.citation.util.thread.WorkerThread.doCurrentWorkNow(WorkerThread.java:151)

at com.sas.apps.citation.util.thread.WorkerThread.run(WorkerThread.java:195)

Which Caused: com.sas.apps.citation.webreport.RendererException: Error Rendering the Report [ java.lang.NullPointerException ]

at com.sas.apps.citation.model.report.ContentProvider.executeFetchContents(ContentProvider.java:255)

at com.sas.apps.citation.model.report.ContentProvider.fetchContents(ContentProvider.java:164)

at com.sas.apps.citation.model.report.ContentProvider.getContent(ContentProvider.java:138)

at com.sas.apps.citation.model.report.RenderedReportModel.getRenderedContent(RenderedReportModel.java:445)

at com.sas.apps.citation.model.report.RenderingImpl.renderContent(RenderingImpl.java:824)

at com.sas.apps.citation.view.contentgeneration.report.PageRenderer._renderCurrentPage_core(PageRenderer.java:221)

at com.sas.apps.citation.view.contentgeneration.report.PageRenderer.generatePageContents(PageRenderer.java:114)

at com.sas.apps.citation.view.beans.report.controller.ReportController.generatePageContents(ReportController.java:330)

at com.sas.apps.citation.view.beans.reportmanagement.OpenReport.generatePageContents(OpenReport.java:1575)

at com.sas.apps.citation.controller.action.report.ReportControllerAction._processGotoSectionCommand(ReportControllerAction.java:1114)

at com.sas.apps.citation.controller.action.report.ReportControllerAction.doPerform(ReportControllerAction.java:445)

at com.sas.apps.citation.controller.action.CitationAction._execute(CitationAction.java:191)

at com.sas.apps.citation.controller.action.CitationAction.execute(CitationAction.java:166)

at org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.processActionPerform(RequestProcessor.java:425)

[ 57 lines suppressed ]

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
NicolaD
Calcite | Level 5

Through trial and error I eventually found the answer - I had formatted the border and background fill to be what I thought was a "no fill" option - a kind of grey square at the end of the colour pallette - if I change these to white instead it works fine. So I guess that it lets you pick a square that isn't actually a colour.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
TriciaA
Calcite | Level 5

Did the charts have a drill down or anything special about them?  Obviously it's looking for something that is not there any longer.

NicolaD
Calcite | Level 5

There's a filter on the chart, and all the chart variables (barheight, bars and subgroups) contain variables which I can run queries on fine inthe information map. it's a simple clustered bar chart, nothing special about it.

TriciaA
Calcite | Level 5

Wow ... that's crazy. 

The only thing I can think to do (and you may have already tried this) is just to recreate the chart.  Maybe it's the way the chart itself is formatted or perhaps there is just some artifacts that are making it difficult for WRS to display the chart.

NicolaD
Calcite | Level 5

Through trial and error I eventually found the answer - I had formatted the border and background fill to be what I thought was a "no fill" option - a kind of grey square at the end of the colour pallette - if I change these to white instead it works fine. So I guess that it lets you pick a square that isn't actually a colour.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 2 in conversation