BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
epniv
Obsidian | Level 7

Can I run a command line program on a Viya server?

If so, how?

ed

epniv

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
epniv
Obsidian | Level 7

I tried a very simple, self-contained program with a data step and proc freq and a print.  It worked just fine.  I'll have to do some more extensive testing.

Thanks @gwootton 

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
SASKiwi
PROC Star

What version of Viya? Does the batch SAS program include just SAS 9 code or does it include Viya statements as well?

epniv
Obsidian | Level 7

My Viya is SAS® Viya® release: V.03.04

As far as the code that I would like to submit, it is only SAS code, no Viya statements.

gwootton
SAS Super FREQ
Could you run /opt/sas/spre/home/SASFoundation/sas -sysin <path-to-program>?
--
Greg Wootton | Principal Systems Technical Support Engineer
epniv
Obsidian | Level 7

@gwootton 

I'm so sorry I missed your post.  I'll give this a try in the next few days.

Again apologies...

Ed

epniv
Obsidian | Level 7

I tried a very simple, self-contained program with a data step and proc freq and a print.  It worked just fine.  I'll have to do some more extensive testing.

Thanks @gwootton 

sbxkoenk
SAS Super FREQ

Hello @epniv ,

You are at an earlier release of SAS VIYA, but still this article, published today (!), may be of interest to you.

Have a look:

SAS Viya 2020.1.1 (and later) Enabling Additional Batch Job Features
https://communities.sas.com/t5/SAS-Communities-Library/SAS-Viya-2020-1-1-and-later-Enabling-Addition...

Have a nice day and weekend,

Koen

epniv
Obsidian | Level 7

@sbxkoenk 

Thanks so much for pointing me to this recent article.  We will have to consider this when we do our next upgrade to Viya and get the CLI option  enabled.  It's been a real sticking point for old school coders in our group who are quite tied to blank screen editor programming and batch submission.  Hey, they get the job done and to each his own, and all that.

Have a great day!

Ed