BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
☑ This topic is solved. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
YHelie1
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi,

Is it just me, or something is really wrong? Here's the scenario:

I have a small Viya deployment on 2 Linux nodes for testing. While doing absolutely NOTHING on the platform, I notice the sas-crunchy-data-postgres primary pod database (pgo) is growing at ~200MB per 10 minutes!

It has to be Viya just writing stuff in there, so how can we minimize that?

Yvan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
gwootton
SAS Super FREQ
When the microservices first start they all build out there infrastructure in the database so I could see it writing a lot of information at once when starting for the first time, but I would expect it to stabilize after that without usage driving up database storage (storing things in SAS Content). My environment has been running since Monday and the pgdata path is using 847 MB. My environment is running 2022.12 though so is not a strict comparison. Note that Stable 2022.1.2 was released in June 2022 and is under limited support.
--
Greg Wootton | Principal Systems Technical Support Engineer

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
gwootton
SAS Super FREQ
When the microservices first start they all build out there infrastructure in the database so I could see it writing a lot of information at once when starting for the first time, but I would expect it to stabilize after that without usage driving up database storage (storing things in SAS Content). My environment has been running since Monday and the pgdata path is using 847 MB. My environment is running 2022.12 though so is not a strict comparison. Note that Stable 2022.1.2 was released in June 2022 and is under limited support.
--
Greg Wootton | Principal Systems Technical Support Engineer
YHelie1
Fluorite | Level 6

Ok, that makes sense, but it stopped growing after 3 hours though! 😞