BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
maxwill
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi. 

Just wondering if anyone can help with a clever solution for this.

We created a few dashboards and the graphs have the Y axis set to automatic, as they differ a lot and we can't predict a range. So, this needs to stay as automatic. However, I would like to add a button/tick box close to the Y axis, where users can just click and the graph Y axis is then set to zero, in case they need to see the whole graph and how the trendlines are looking if you zoom out. It is a time series with number of events on Y and Months on X.

It's not an option to open a new one as a pop up because there are too many. It should be something that just changes the graph or adjusts the axis, without reloading the whole page. Or maybe a + and - slider that alters the Y axis range?

Is that possible or is there a clever way to solve this?

On SAS® Viya® release: V.03.04.

Your help is much appreciated. Thank you.

1 REPLY 1
Reeza
Super User

Crude method that comes to mind - no idea on if this would work and I'd definitely wait and see if there was a better solution, this is a hack at best. 

• Add another column that is Y/N or a binary flag which is your control to set to 0. 
  • For each series in your data add a 0,0 data point. 
  • By default, set the control to not include that data point. 
  • If they click the button the 0/0 point gets displayed, forcing the X/Y Axis to reset. If you need just one axis, you'll need to adjust the other value to be the minimum of the data. 

If you're doing trends, this may need to be a new series that gets overlaid (as white so it doesn't show) to get that affect. 

Like I said, not tested, no idea if it would work, but how I might try.

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 16. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation