BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
ellengu
Calcite | Level 5

Hello,

I encounter an issue with sas viya on azure.  It is an issue appearing after stopping the service. Yesterday I got a successful deployment of sas viya on azure. I tested it for a while then kept the service on overnight. This morning I saw there are some cost generated. Most of them are from VM scaling. So I practice by following the start/stop runbook trying to control the cost. I can set everything as stated in https://documentation.sas.com/doc/en/viyaakscdc/v_001/viyaakstasks/n08xicw2ywyp24n18938pqkzf9cq.htm.

However, when I try to restart sas viya after stopping the service, I can only get the VM up. The jumpuser login in works normally but the sas studio web interface can not be up. It always says "503 Service Temporarily Unavailable". Any suggestion or hint is appreciated. 

1 REPLY 1
ellengu
Calcite | Level 5

Please disregard this message. I found that the sas studio web inteface comes back after some time when I restart the service. It may take over 0.5 hours for sas studio web interface to come back online after I restart the VM.

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 1 in conversation