BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
edward_jin
Calcite | Level 5

Hi team, 

Hope you are doing good. 

Our company wants to explore SAS Viya, but I can't create an instance for SAS Viya on Microsoft Azure. 

We have created a SAS support ticket (7613721292), and then being redirected to SAS Communities

I've followed the instruction to adjust my quota limits and I can use Azure Marketplace. 

https://go.documentation.sas.com/doc/en/viyaakscdc/v_001/viyaaksfaq/n09skbpwwk7m4vn122eufqzw4mgr.htm

When creating SAS Viya on Microsoft Azure, the validation is passed, but button Create is greyed out. 

sasviyaonmsazure.png

May I ask if there are any potential restrictions, e.g., Azure region? I'm in region CN.

Thanks. 

Best Regards

Edward

3 REPLIES 3
rich_sas
SAS Employee
Hi Edward -

Currently, we only support purchases from Microsoft managed countries as defined here:

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/partner-center/tax-details-marketplace?context=%2Fazure%2Fmarketpl...

Best regards,

Rich
edward_jin
Calcite | Level 5

Hi Rich, 

Thanks for your reply. 

Actually, my Azure account is a global account. 

As the screenshot is shown, the region is West US 2, which should be Microsoft-managed countries. 

The odd thing is that the validation is passed, and there are no warnings or errors. And, I just can't create the instance. 

I also created a ticket to Microsoft Azure, and they redirect me to SAS support as well. 

We are interested in SAS Viya on Microsoft Azure to explore the functionalities before adopting SAS Viya. 

Can you take a look at it? 

If it is not working, please also let me know. So, we can look for other options. 

Thanks, 

Edward

rich_sas
SAS Employee

Hi Edward -

In this case, the location for the "Microsoft managed countries" relates to the location from which you are accessing the Azure Marketplace. It is not related to the location where you are attempting to deploy the software.

This has to do with the business side of processing the offering, not the technical side.

Rich

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation