BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
☑ This topic is solved. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
trppa
Calcite | Level 5

Is it possible to configure SAS Viya on Azure to use Azure AD via Keycloak or directly using SCIM?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
rich_sas
SAS Employee

The standard SAS Viya software supports SCIM integration with Azure AD. We intend to offer this capability with the Azure marketplace offering of SAS Viya, as well. We don't have firm planned date for this yet, but it's a priority feature on our roadmap.

We were not able to include this as a standard feature of the Azure marketplace offering because not every customer subscription has the right privileges to enable the capability up front.

I'm not sure how easily we could engage you on a beta test of the feature when it's under development. But, if you are interested in that possibility, let me know.

Best regards,

Rich

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
rich_sas
SAS Employee

The standard SAS Viya software supports SCIM integration with Azure AD. We intend to offer this capability with the Azure marketplace offering of SAS Viya, as well. We don't have firm planned date for this yet, but it's a priority feature on our roadmap.

We were not able to include this as a standard feature of the Azure marketplace offering because not every customer subscription has the right privileges to enable the capability up front.

I'm not sure how easily we could engage you on a beta test of the feature when it's under development. But, if you are interested in that possibility, let me know.

Best regards,

Rich

haridake
Calcite | Level 5

Hi @rich_sas ,

We have deployed SAS Viya on Azure. But we are struggling to get the Azure AD authentication on this. Are you referring to the same issue or is there a way to configure Azure AD OIDC SSO to login with our AD user credentials?

Regards,

Hari

rich_sas
SAS Employee

Hi @haridake  -

I'm sorry for the challenges you are facing! The way the Azure marketplace deployment works, you as the end user do not have the necessary privileges to configure the Azure AD SSO with OIDC as part of the Azure marketplace Viya deployment.

We are working on allowing end users to apply this configuration post install. It will be delivered as an operation enabled by the upcoming admin panel that we will be adding to the deployment. Unfortunately, I don't yet have a timeline for when the Azure AD integration will be supported for the Azure marketplace deployment.

Best regards,

Rich

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation