BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
☑ This topic is solved. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
trppa
Calcite | Level 5

I have been running Viya version 2022.10 just fine. I would like to upgrade my deployment to latest version. The documentation says: "At any time you can redeploy SAS Viya to get available updates".

In resource group level there is option to select successful deployment and then redeploy. But this fails in validation phase with error related to '_artifactsLocation'.  I could delete current deployment and create new one, but I would not like to lose current configuration (users in particular).

How nondestructive redeployment is done exactly?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
rich_sas
SAS Employee

For now, the only way to update to a newer version of SAS Viya in the Azure marketplace offering is to create a new deployment through the marketplace. We are investigating options to allow you to upgrade your existing Viya marketplace deployment in place, but we don't have an established timeline for releasing the feature yet.

I am talking offline with some of the team to see if there is a way for you to easily export / import users from one deployment to the other.

Best regards,

Rich

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
rich_sas
SAS Employee

For now, the only way to update to a newer version of SAS Viya in the Azure marketplace offering is to create a new deployment through the marketplace. We are investigating options to allow you to upgrade your existing Viya marketplace deployment in place, but we don't have an established timeline for releasing the feature yet.

I am talking offline with some of the team to see if there is a way for you to easily export / import users from one deployment to the other.

Best regards,

Rich

trppa
Calcite | Level 5

Thank you for confirmation that upgrade in place is not possible currently