BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
camilovalencia
Calcite | Level 5

Hi, I would like to connnect to Azure Synapse Analytics from SAS Viya, does someone know how to install the odbc driver from the jumpbox? Is there an oracle example within the documentation, is there a similar document for synapse?

https://go.documentation.sas.com/doc/en/viyaakscdc/v_001/viyaakstasks/n11m9y4kpdy27en1pcxfozuxvad3.h...

5 REPLIES 5
shekhar_chavan
SAS Employee

Please check below document for the Viya Azure Marketplace place, the document which you are referring is for full Viya license which is not applicable for 'Viya Azure Marketplace'

SAS Viya on Microsoft Azure: Configuration Tasks

pg#17 has example for Oracle connectivity example.

camilovalencia
Calcite | Level 5

Thanks for your answer, where can i find especific documentation about sqlserver ODBC install?

SASKiwi
PROC Star

My understanding is that Viya comes with all common database connectors already installed, including SQL Server (SAS/ACCESS Interface to SQL Server).

camilovalencia
Calcite | Level 5

In the Pay as you go it is not installed, it presents the error:

Ha fallado la conexión al controlador de la fuente de datos. ERROR: [DataDirect][ODBC lib] Driver Manager Message file not found. Please check for the value of InstallDir in your odbc.ini. Function failed. La acción se ha detenido debido a los errores. uri: /casManagement/servers/cas-shared-default/caslibs/Synapse/tables path: /SASDataExplorer/ui/datasources/validation traceId: ecc75d538f04a219

SASKiwi
PROC Star

I suggest you open a Tech Support track for this issue. There are very few Community users familiar with Viya on Azure Marketplace.

Correction: Here is a description of the support for Viya on Azure Marketplace  :https://communities.sas.com/t5/SAS-Viya-on-Microsoft-Azure/How-to-get-support-for-SAS-Viya-on-the-Mi...

Using Tech Support tracks isn't available.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation